Well, Summer for me is coming to a close. It didn’t go by fast, but at the same time didn’t go slowly. It was just a nice, relaxing Summer holiday for once.
As I said in my previous blog, "Happy Anniversary", I’m finally in a happy and comfortable place. Usually Summer would be the worst time for me, but thankfully, this Summer was a HUGE exception. I can easily say it is the best Summer I have ever had. No, I didn’t go on Holidays. I didn’t go on trips. In fact, I didn’t even leave Dublin, let alone the country! Despite that though, it really has been the best Summer of my life, and that is mainly due to the face that it was happy.
This blog is a look back over my Summer. I must admit, it has been quite a productive Summer. Plenty of things have happened, and this blog is just a list of those things.
Celebrity Contact: This Summer I have had some celebrities reply to me over Facebook and Twitter! Needless to say, I’m delighted. Now, when I say celebrities, I don’t mean the likes of Stephen Fry or Paris Hilton. I more or less mean “my idols” than celebrities, but either way they are famous to some degree, especially to me.
- James LaBrie: Yep. I’m going to start off with Dream Theater’s lead singer, James LaBrie. I complimented his amazing singing voice over Twitter, and the next day I woke up to a Tweet from him. I felt fucking awesome, and I still do
- Anna Daly: A Lot of you will not know her, but Anna Daly is the weather girl/presenter of Ireland AM, a daily breakfast show here in Ireland. She’s really nice, and I met her at the KISS Concert in Dublin last year!
- Sinead Desmond: Another presenter of Ireland AM, and again a lovely woman. Two replies from her! This makes me a happy lad!
- Cobus Potgieter: An amazing drummer, just so you all know! I only know of him through my good friend Dan (Follow him, he is really awesome!) And I have him to thank him for this reply!
- Rody Walker: Next up on the list of Famous replies is Protest The Hero’s lead singer Rody Walker! As a joke, I added him on Facebook as a friend. To my amazement, he accepted. Needless to say, I completely freaked. I’ve been talking to him quite a lot actually! Amazingly enough, he responds to all wall posts. He’s so damn amazing.
- Arif Mirabdolbaghi: One of my 3 bass Gods, Arif is the Bassist for Protest The Hero. I was Tweeting the official Protest The Hero Twitter, asking if it was actually the guys who used it. Turns out it was! It was in fact Rody and Arif who use it. Arif was the one who replied to me!
- Ellen McLain: One of the most wonderful women on this Earth. Ellen McLain is the voice of GLaDOS in Portal and Portal 2. She is also the voice of the Overseer in TF2 and HL2. Just so you all know, I have a heave obsession with Portal. In fact, the Laptop I am writing this on now is named GLaDOS, and has a Portal Theme. I have had this Laptop for 24 hours.
In terms of famous replies, that’s really it, apart from one very special thing I’m saving for the end of this blog. I’m delighted by each one of these replies, and I will of course never forget them! They all happened in the space of 3 months. Amazing!
I actually have a lot more to show for this Summer than I originally expected. As a lot of you may know, I vowed this Summer that I would do a bass cover of every Billy Talent song ever recorded. To be honest, I did that quite a lot faster than expected! I put each cover album up for free download, and between the 3 Billy Talent Albums and the album "Cover Artistry" (A 10 track album of bass covers from other favourite bands of mine), I have hosted 50+ downloads of my work! The support of everyone has really meant a lot for me, and I thank each and every one of you that downloaded any of my covers!
Other than what is listed above, I haven’t really done a whole lot more. I got my nipple pierced at the start of summer, and got a Laptop at the end. In between that, I’ve just been with family and friends, going to the cinema, hanging out and such. Like I said at the start of this blog, it’s not necessarily the amount of things I did that made this Summer the best of my life, but rather the quality of it. I’ve never been happier in my life.
Here’s the thing I was saving until the end of the blog. A RT from my favourite band in the whole world. Billy Talent. Along with Portal, my other obsessions include that of Billy Talent. I have an entire wall in my room dedicated to them. Don’t believe me?
Told you. Anyway, after assembling my shrine, I took a picture and tweeted it to the guys. I woke up the next day with a load of emails notifying me of replies from people on Twitter, commenting on the picture. Turns out, the guys Retweeted it to all of their followers! I was so god damn happy! It’s amazing to know that your favourite band has taken notice of you, even if it was just one glance at a picture!
I go back to school tomorrow for my final ever year, before College that is. I’m going to take it easy and not stress myself. I’d rather be happy than be worried about exams that, in reality, make no difference to my career/course choice. (Seeing as in Ireland there are a thousand courses I can do before College if I do not get my points)
Nacho Man Celli